Our circulatory system is like a roadway system, in this case, if the roadway gets clogged the oxygen and nutrients will not be distributed through your system. And that is a bummer, we are probably not feeling our best if that happens. So the following are 5 ideas to help us keep feeling our best.
Health care professionals explain that our blood needs to keep moving around our bodies in order that our cells get oxygen and keep all parts of us moving
5 Easy ideas to keep circulatory system tiptop
- Drink lots of water. Our blood is 95% water. When we are not drinking enough we are drying out our system and may not have enough liquids to properly oxygenate. Keep hydrated, drinking lots of water improves circulation and keeps all of you happy.
- Don’t Smoke – I know everyone has told you that for all sorts of reasons. If you don’t, do not start, if you do maybe this will help us get started on your ideas to stop smoking. Anyway, it turns out the main ingredient nicotine is not only addictive but, it thickens your blood. It can thicken your blood so much that it clogs. I am sure you have heard of clogged arteries. It would really help if we stop smoking and avoid clogging. And we certainly do not need to experience it.
- Bend, Breathe and Flow. Try yoga. Standing on your head gets your blood moving. If you are like me you are not necessarily going to stand on your head. Try something a little less like sitting, breathing and stretching. Trying the downward dog is pretty challenging and not only good for your body but your mind. Any movement will bring oxygen to your blood (brain) and around your body. Movement keeps your blood circulating.
- Change your socks to Compress. By compressing part of your leg you help the blood to circulate out of your legs up to your heart. Ask your doctor about the type and size of the compression sock to wear. If you are adding compression and are doing it to keep your blood at the tip-top shape you can wear them when you are doing any exercise.
- Walk, Run, Jog, move. Keep moving at a decent pace for at least 30 minutes 5 days a week. You can do anything aerobic. Tennis, pick up games, anything you like just do it for 30 minutes, The activity brings more oxygen to your blood along with keeping the blood circulating, which by now we know is a great thing.
You may be interested in reading about this great circulation lift assist chair.